About the Firm
San Diego Family Lawyer Guides Clients Through Conflicts and Challenges
Established California firm handles complex divorces and custody cases
When divorces and other family law matters are highly contentious, it’s important to retain a lawyer who is familiar with complex and hotly contested disputes. For decades, our San Diego firm, Hervey Wood & Galyon, APC, has skillfully handled cases involving sophisticated financial assets and heated custody battles. Our background and commitment to staying on top of current legal developments give our clients an advantage in proceedings involving marital dissolution and parenting arrangements. Attorney Leigh Galyon has achieved outstanding results for Southern Californians by devising comprehensive strategies tailored to their unique needs, and our firm is prepared to assist you no matter how difficult your case.
Insightful advocate asserts the rights of spouses, parents and children
Whether you’re ending a marriage, looking to protect your children or resolving financial issues before a wedding, you deserve an attorney who will provide:
- Knowledgeable advice — We have the experience and insight to properly explain the potential risks and benefits of various legal options. In every case, our firm offers the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
- Trustworthy advocacy — Our goal is to build lasting relationships with the people we serve, so we always focus on delivering counsel that supports your long-term well-being. This means limiting costs and stress by focusing on settlement when at all possible. But when litigation is the only reasonable option to protect your interests, we remain ready to assert your rights in court.
- Responsive service — Whenever you have a question or concern, our firm is here with prompt, thorough and personal assistance suited to your values and goals.
No one looks forward to handling challenging marital or parenting concerns, but with proper legal guidance, you’ll have the best chance to put your difficulties behind you for good.
Areas of Practice
Effective attorney helps individuals meet their current and future needs
Throughout the San Diego area, we represent clients in family law
- Divorce — Our firm delivers comprehensive divorce counsel including advice on issues specific to same-sex divorce and disagreements that arise under California’s community property rules.
- Characterization and division of assets — Assessing the nature and value of martial assets can be a complicated task when a marriage dissolves. We have the skill and resources to provide sound advice on the characterization and division of real estate holdings, business shares, retirement accounts and other property that can be difficult to untangle during a divorce.
- Child and spousal support — Conflicts over child and spousal support can linger for years. By thoroughly investigating the relevant factors, we press for appropriate terms and modifications when necessary.
- Child custody — Nothing is more important than providing a safe, healthy environment for your children. In child custody proceedings, our firm works diligently to achieve a result that serves the best interests of children, mothers and fathers.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We create prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to safeguard assets and establish clear terms in the event the marriage does not work out.
From start to finish, we give you strong counsel and compassionate support no matter how stressful your situation becomes.
Contact an accomplished San Diego family lawyer to schedule a consultation
Hervey Wood & Galyon, APC represents Southern California clients in all types of family law matters, including divorce, child support and custody proceedings. Call us at 619-684-9209 or contact us online
to make an appointment at our office, located on Broadway in downtown San Diego.